Sunday, September 9, 2007

Crystal Lake meets DePaul



I rode the train back down to the city today with James, Ethan, Caleb, and Margie and I was so excited the whole time to show them (besides Margie who actually attends DePaul as well) where I live. I took them to lunch at Planet Sub (best sub restaurant ever, by the way, even though I've already said that), introduced them to friends, and attempted to show Caleb that giraffes really exist.

Here is the Giraffe story (it's actually pretty short): Caleb does not believe that giraffes actually exist. We were taking him to the zoo today so we could show him that they were not cardboard cut-outs or animatronic robo-mammals, but the zoo was closed early because of a private event. This experience has just (in Caleb's mind) proved further that giraffes do not exist.

Caleb, they exist. The truth is out there (insert X-files theme music).

P.S. Tomorrow is my 19th birthday!

No comments: