Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Last real day of school!!!!



FINALLY! Today was my last actual school day of high school, and I could not be happier. I know down the line I'm gonna miss it, but right now I really don't see how that is possible.

Off on a tangent . . .

As I was walking home from Frank's house tonight I happened to look at the "spade" tree. You see, there is this tree on the walk from my house to Frank's and it looks exactly like a spade from a deck of cards. At the point of the spade there was always this goofy branch that stuck straight up and only had one leaf at the very top. This leaf always amused me because it was like the one lucky leaf who had the best view in the house, he was the king of the leaves. As I was admiring the spade tree tonight I realized that the goofy branch at the top was gone, and so was the leaf. I don't know why, but this kind of depressed me. That one leaf had it made. Out of all of the other leaves, this leaf was the one that stood out, the king of the hill so to speak. Not seeing that leaf up there really shook me up for some reason, and I have no idea why. But I'm going to stop writing about this irrelevant instance because I feel like Holden Caulfield.

4 comments:

Anna said...

That second shot is good.....good and creepy....like it is from some low budget film about a neighborhood serial killer. Too bad you didnt get a pic of the guy who works in that ice cream truck. That being said....I REALLY like it. Very nice persepctive....laying on the ground again Kyle?

Anna said...

Oh and congrats about high school....

Welcome to the rest fo your life...

:) BTW, I have NEVER missed high school.

Anonymous said...

orgler's room?

Cheshire Kat said...

Well, your leaf story seems much more relevant than those crazy ducks did in Holden's case.

I mean, you could come up with some deep connection about the lone leaf falling and you graduating from high school...