Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day . . .



I never though memorial day could be so eventful.

James and I drove down to my cousin's enormous house (complete with inground pool, barn, silo, and more land than you could shake a stick at) and celebrated the holiday with my dad's side of the family.

James concluded the day with telling me that he had never thought of me as a father figure until today, which was probably the result of me screaming things like:

"Matthew! If you want me to throw you in the pool then you have to keep your mouth shut when you go under water"
or
"Ben! Stop running around the pool and zip up your lifejacket!"
or maybe
"Matthew, keep your eye on the ball, bud and make sure you swing all the way through"

All in all, today was awesome, and I had a great time with my cousins. I would have to say one of the highlights of the day was looking over and seeing James play catch with my youngest cousin, Ben.

3 comments:

Cheshire Kat said...

LOVE that second picture. The angle is really nice.

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

yep, the car image doe sit for me big time - so beautifully imperfect - it reminds me of something you would find if you lived the Steinbeck story of the Grapes of Wrath

With your permission Kyle, I like it so much i would like to use the image and post about it and link it to your site from mine

this is truly one of the most interesting shots I have sen in a long long time

Anna said...

Love the yello truck...that is awesome!