Friday, March 23, 2007

California!





Today was the first day of my California trip.

The day began with my father dragging me out of bed at 4:30 am. I dunno if you know my dad, but you don't want to be dragged out of bed by him.

I arrived at the school and immediately fell asleep on the bus until we got to O'hare.

Once we were at O'hare I started to wake up a bit. We had about two hours to roam the terminal for food, books, or whatever.

The flight was four hours, but I got an impressive amount of reading done and the flight was relaxing.

We landed in LAX and immediately jumped on a coach bus to go eat at the Farmer's Market in LA. This was when we first met our tour guide, Ben (AKA Smiley).

Let me tell you something about Smiley . . . he sucks.

After we ate we baorded the busses and embarked on a 3 hour drive to San Diego (it was supposed to be 2 hourse, but LA traffic is probably the worst thing ever invented.)

We got to our hotel and had a little bit of practice, followed by a dip in the pool.

My Favorite part of the night: Richie reinacting 300 at the pool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH those pictures turned out so freaking cool kyle. im in love with them. a dfj;laksdjfla;ksdjf ;laksdfj ;lksdfj

I miss it so much. I wish we were back there.

hahahahah 300 at the pool. That was hysterical.

Anna said...

Hey Kyle...

So you are trading in Disneyland for Blogland now huh? Hehehe. Well, I am glad! :)

I am glad to see that you made it back and all is well. I have missed your pics so am looking forward to getting a Diet Coke later, sitting down and visiting each post to get a window into your trip! The images look great...and fun!

From what I can see already, you and Julia obviously had a great time away....

Take care and I hope that you can settle back into "life" easy. The hardest part is always coming home. My husband just got back from 19 days in India so he is trying to readjust as well!

Have a good Monday! And I will be back here later!

Anna