Saturday, March 10, 2007

Crazy Day . . .






Today kicked off with me picking up Taylor and meeting James Kubin at Springhill mall. The day seemed pretty normal, aside from the fact that we hadn't had beautiful weather like this in a long time, but then things got pretty crazy.

Taylor and I went to Ethan's and hungout with Ethan, Chipmunk, and their cousin Steven. We couldn't figure out what to do so we decided to go get some pictures then go see 300 (again) but in IMAX. Unfortunately, the closest IMAX is in Botavia, which is roughly an hour away.

We had some time to kill before the movie so I wanted to go check out the silver nugget, which is an abandoned restaurant near route 14 and 31. I really like how these pictures turned out, they definately captured the mood I was going for.

So now we are on our way to Botavia, we get to the theater about an hour before the show, and guess what . . . the show is sold out! We drove all the way out to Botavia to see a movie that was sold out. We had a pretty good laugh at that, sucked up our pride, and drove back home.

Later that night we met up with a bunch of the girls and went to James' house. We walked behind the strip mall and raided the thrift store dumpsters so we could reinact 300.

4 comments:

Corey Bienert said...

me cobes and jake used to raid those dumpsters almost weekly....

we've gotten some pretty radical stuff back there

Anna said...

I like the feel of those last two pics. I would have fun shooting in that place I think! :)

Cheshire Kat said...

Oh sure, you come out by me and don't visit?
Talk to the hand Kyle.

carmilevy said...

You've got a great eye for composition, Kyle. I especially like the washed out colors of this series. I've been focusing on similar themes of late, and these pictures really evoke a strong sense of involvement from the viewer.

Nicely done.