Friday, June 15, 2007

A bit early . . .





I know it's a bit early to update today (it's about 3am here in Illinois), but I was having trouble sleeping (like usual).

I was outside a few minutes ago having fun with my new remote shutter speed that I bought today, and I got this cool shot of a plant in my backyard that was beautifully light by our garden lights.

The other two shots are pictures that, after looking at for a few days, I decided I really liked. They are from the Bluesfest earlier this week.

Night night, or maybe good morning.

::UPDATE::

today turned out to be quite an interesting day.

in spite of my rather late night, I woke up at about 11am so that Frank, Lauren, Angela, and I could cash in our free Cipotle burritos. We had a fantastic lunch and ran in to a very old fimiliar face (Matt Tillman).

After lunch, Frank and I went to Angela's where Tim met up with us. We spent the day watching old Nickelodeon tv shows and talking about old times. Angela also made this great bread with herb butter and radishes. The low point of Angela's house was finding a dying bird in her backyard; that kind of put a damper on the whole experience.

Later in the day, Max and I went to go see one of my favorite bands, The Smoking Popes. despite their slightly off-putting name, they are a very wholesome and likeable band. Anna, I think you would really enjoy them. I have seen them once, but tonight was even better for a variety of reasons. The first reason was that this was the first real concert that Max and I have gone to together in our 5+ years of friendship. The other reason why it was so great was because I got to see my old Media/Drama Lit teacher, Mr. Stoner. Mr. Stoner is a huge Popes fan because he went to high school with the lead singer. Max and I spent a lot of good quality time with Mr. Stoner, and it definately was a strange yet mature feeling meeting up with a teacher after I had graduated. Oh yeah, the Popes played amazingly (like always).

Highlight of the night: The Smoking Popes playing "Still haven't found what I'm looking for" and looking over at Mr. Stoner (Who besides loving The Smoking Popes, is the biggest U2 fan on the face of the earth). He looked at me with the biggest smile, gave me the rock on sign, and screamed at the top of his lungs. Even teachers have a "party" side . . .

1 comment:

Anna said...

I will check them out Kyle....such a review...how could I not? That is one of my favorite songs from U2 and when we saw them in 2005...they were AMAZING.

I can't see your pics but will check back later.

Have a great weekend!