Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Old Friends


A good friend of mine once told me, as she was graduating here senior year, that towards the end of high school you tend to regress in the area of friendships. She said that the people you were friends with prior to and at the beggining of high school would once again be the people you find comfort in at the end of high school. Being a junior at that time, I didn't believe a word she said. Now, being graduated, I found this statement true to the "t". I have made new friends in high school, and I'm not saying that I've lost any of my newer friends, for I love them the same as my other friends, but I find the most comfort in the company of the people who were there with me at the start.

I think this is some sort of psychological reaction to graduation. With the sinking fear of detachment, college, and independence there is a yearning for simpler and more care-free times. All I can say, is I am very happy with the way summer is unfolding.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Good....and you know...life doesnt have to be complicated and difficult. It is what you make it. Enjoy it and cherish all the friends around you.

Have a great weekend Kyle!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle, you still haven't called me! I hope i'm still one of your good friends! Anyways call me buddy!

Much Love,

~James Kubin