Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sleeping at Angela's . . .



I woke up relatively early today; 8:30 (ok, that's late for summer), because we had planned a suprise breakfast for Martyna since she leaves for Poland today for over a month. We ate at this really cool breakfast restaurant called Burnt Toast, and I had this omelete with Guyere cheese (it sounded interesting so I tried it). all in all, breakfast was a success and Martyna was pleasantly surprised.

After breakfast, Liz, Lauren, Elise, and I went to Lover's Lane so they could get a few presents for Martyna (I'm not going in to anymore detail about this . . . )

I had to work at six, so we spent the rest of the day hanging out it Frank's backyard with his mom. She put some new fish in her pond and insisted that they were really friendly and let you pet them. Pet a fish?! I was intrigued, to say the least, so I stuck my hand in the pond and to my surprise . . . the fish were biting me!!! After they had finished devouring my digits, they actually did let me pet them. Frank's mom even "gave" me a fish; meaning I could name it and say he was mine. I haven't named him yet, but he is a hyper little pistol.

Work was decent, my new steel toed work boots came in so I spent most of my work-day kicking things to test them out. My Manager's brother came in, and I got in trouble because I spent an hour talking to him instead of working.

After work I rushed to Angela's for Tim's suprise birthday party. I missed the suprise (like always), but I had a lot of fun hanging out with everybody.

Currently, I am sleeping at Angela's and we are watching Say Anything (followed by Sixteen Candles and Better Off Dead). It is going to be an 80's cinema night! Tomorrow I am going to the first showing of 1408, because I am completely in love with john Cusack (I feel like a middle aged housewife for saying that).

1 comment:

Anna said...

I won't take offense to the middle-aged housewife comment...age is just a number and I certainly dont feel like one.

:) BTW, Sixteen Candles and Say Anything came out when I was in highschool...just before really. Have you seen The Breakfast Club? Another unforegettable, coming-of-age Molly Ringwald film...

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

I love John Cusack! :)

Have a good day Kyle.