Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Engaging Proposal . . .












Today was one of the most photographically moving days of my life.

After work, Tayle, Frank, and I decided to go to Chicago for a day of hanging in the city and taking some photographs. We were wandering around Millenium Park, watching the orchestra, when I thought it would be a good idea to go to Buckingham Fountain. So we crossed the street, headed through Grant Park, and arrived at the fountain.

This is where the memories start . . . .

As I was setting up my tripod I was approached by a man who, very abruptly, asked me if it was possible for me to take a picture of him engaging to his girlfriend. I was dumbfounded! After I registered what was just asked of me I quickly and enthusiastically responded with a big ol' "YES OF COURSE, I WOULD LOVE TO"

For the next ten minutes I was nervously spying on his girlfriend ( I was so nervous I was adjusting aperature, shutter speed, exposure, trying to the the perfect composition). Finally he met back up with her and began conversation. At this point I was shaking, I was so nervous that I was going to ruin this beautiful moment for these great people, thet I was afraid I was going to get massive camera shake. Finally, he proposed and I shot like a mad man! I was making sure I got every expression, every moment, I wanted it to be perfect!

Afterwards I walked over to congratulate the new fiances and let them know how they could get their pictures. they were so kind, and I wish them a long, loving, and happy marriage!

I spent the rest of the day in awe. In fact, I'm still in awe.

Maybe I'll post more photos later.

(BTW, I got permission to use these very personal and emotional photographs)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the last two. kyle that is sooooo awesome. im so happy for you

Just Photography said...

this was such a good day. unbelieveable...

Anna said...

Case in point as to why I love photography Kyle.

Wow....I love everything, the expressions, him kneeling. What a great capture! That makes me smile that this woman felt so much joy yesterday....that she felt so loved by him. And his face as he is looking up at her in the last one....adoring her...she is IT for him. Extremely touching and every ounce came from your photo. They ooze joy....

Thanks for sharing these....

I look forward to more!

Kirsten said...

I love the one of them kissing.
It's amazing.

Cheshire Kat said...

Truly amazing...

Anna said...

I just realized Kyle that you fountain you shot is where my husband and I were the day we got engaged....he surprised me and flew me to Chicago to propose because it has always been one of our favorite cities to visit together.

:) Very cool. I dont know why I didnt notice that before...here's to second visits! I am going ot show him this post.

Take care.