Friday, February 23, 2007

Barn Crashing . . .












I have always wanted to go this run-down barn/house out on Randall Road, and today I finally did.

Lucky I brought my camera, huh?

Well, Jake and I parked a bit a ways and decided it would be best to walk there. When we arrived there were construction cars in the driveway, so we decided we should probably find whoever was on the grounds and ask if we could snap some shots. We looked for about 10 minutes and started snapping pictures, one thing led to another and we totally forgot that there were even people on the premises.

After checking out the barns and the outlying buildings we built up the courage to journey into the house. The house was quite eerie because the previous owners just kind of left without a trace. There were still beds in the rooms, blankets, cereal in the pantry, countless children's toys, and sofas.

Everything was going pretty great until we got up to the second floor. That was when we heard the voices. Turns out we totally forgot that there were people on the property and we were now stuck on the second floor of a dilapitated farm house.

Long story short, we darted out the back door when no one was looking.

P.S. Sorry these took so long to post, I got a call from some friends at about 12:30 last night and I had to run to the studio to help them out.

7 comments:

Corey Bienert said...

cereal in the cabinets....

thats awesome.

Anna said...

What a great adventure and I love your shots. I carry my camera everywhere I go...if I want pull over and take some photos I can! :)

Very nice perspective in these. They have a very eerie fell just like you said you felt walking through.

I enjoyed each one...thanks Kyle!

evanhuntphoto.com said...

drive by it all the time

intrigued by it everytime

lets go someday

carmilevy said...

Hi Kyle. Found your link on Corey's site: you have a great photographic style. I love the spare, forlorn look of this shoot: I can't wait to see more.

The Front Porch said...

Kyle, please take me there, pleeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee. pleeeaseee. cause you love me? caues i love you? please?

Ash said...

Very nice images. Love the tones colors and the ambience!

Anonymous said...

these are sweet ky

james