Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fence hopping...











Climbed my way into the abandoned toy factory today with Ethan, Jake, and Julia.
It was a lot colder than we had anticipated.

Between the collapsed roof, the leaking, and the clear corroding of the whole place, it probably wasn't the safest idea, but the best places to photograph are the hardest to get to.

::EDIT::

I hadn't looked at Jake's photographs until after I had posted mine, but once I did I felt like I needed to point something out.

It is astounding to me that two people can be in the same place at the same time and have a completely polar interpretation of the experience.

Jake's photographs of the toy factory are warm and intimate whereas mine are cold and distant.

It's not to say that one way is better than the other, but our photographs represent the way we viewed the same experience in retrospect.

Pretty damn cool.

5 comments:

Ash said...

Love these images!

Great lighting, textures and atmosphere!

Anna said...

These are awesome....all of them!

I love to see the different perspectives from you and Jake...that is why I love photography.

Great images Kyle!

Jacob Boll said...

wow, thats a really cool thought kyle. i kink of got chills thinking about it. nice pictures to. your getting really good at enhancing the pictures on photoshop

Anna said...

Kyle,

I have no doubt that you could excel in photography...you images are very good and have a wonderful feel. When I was a teenager my dad told me to find what i love to do and figure out how to get paid for it....the problem was, I didnt know Ioved photography until a couple of years ago...

Somehow I think God saved these moments for me to enjoy now when I am far from home and need it most. :)

Thanks for your encouragement....

Take care.

Anonymous said...

kyle these are really eerie. i love the corridor one.

the bus sky is beautiful. lol.

you're goooooooooooooooooooooooddddsdlkfjasld;ghru